Honey Sourcing & Process
All raw honey sold by Chandler Honey Corporation is sourced by Scandia Honey Corporation in Scandia, Alberta, Canada. This is my parents' family farm where I grew up. We would never source honey from another origin.
All honey we receive from Scandia Honey is:
- raw (unpasteurized)
- pure and unadulterated
- 100% Canadian
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency certified and inspected
Upon receiving the raw honey from Scandia Honey, Chandler Honey Corporation creams it (by gently stirring for 24-48 hours) and infuses it with natural flavours by hand.
For example, the Orange Grove flavour is simply raw honey infused with three different types of orange zest, which are hand-zested by me and my team. The low moisture content of the honey allows these types of ingredients to never spoil once infused into the honey.
Happy Bees, Unmatched Honey
Our bees have top-tier beekeeping standards applied to their well-being every step of the way. From our queen-rearing methods to our gentle honey harvesting to our indoor winter sheltering, we have the health of our bees in mind each step of the way. Happy bees = unmatched honey quality.
Commercial beekeepers are also incredibly important at keeping the populations of the bees high, which is incredibly important for pollination and global food supplies. Scandia Honey is proud to offer expert pollination services as well, so that we can do our part in getting food on your family's table.
What Can I Do to Help the Bees?
- Support your local beekeepers whenever possible
- Plant flowers in your garden that bees love
- Put out water in the shade on very hot days for bees to take a drink
- Consider getting your own hive!
- Be wary of honey prices that are too good to be true. Quality honey that is created from happy bees takes a lot of time, resources, and care. Mass-produced honey (which is cheapest) can come from questionable sources and may contain sugar water rather than entirely real honey.