This is a classic recipe that is perfect for a chilly day with ripe autumn apples. I love substituting a bit of the sugar for Créme Brûlée honey for an ultra-rich taste! The vanilla beans in the honey really compliments classic vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons Créme Brûlée Chandler Honey
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned-oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (separated into 1 cup and 1/2 cup)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup of chilled, salted butter cup into small cubes
about 6 large apples (peeled, halved, cored, and cut)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tub vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix oats, 1 cup sugar, honey, and flour in bowl. Add cold butter and massage it into the dry mixture with fingers. Should start to form clumps.
- Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in bowl.
- Transfer to dish. Sprinkle topping over. Optionally drizzle with more honey.
- Bake the pan for 55 minutes until apples are tender and topping is brown and crisp. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with ice cream. Enjoy!