Here's another wonderful recipe from my friend, Priscilla, at Pure Sprinkles. This recipe makes the most delicious chai, which is perfect for the holidays or for any chilly day. As always, I encourage you to go check out her recipe blog and Instagram for many delicious recipes that are primarily gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free :)
Thanks, Priscilla! Looking forward to more recipes in 2023.
This Easy Masala Chai recipe is a breeze to make thanks to Chandler Honey's Creamy Chai honey, infused with a fragrant Chai spice blend! Just 3 simple ingredients and you have yourself a piping hot cup of Masala Chai perfect for the holiday season or any time of year! It's also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
- small saucepan
- measuring cups and spoons
- small fine mesh strainer (optional)
Easy Masala Chai Ingredients
- 3 cups milk or plant-based milk*
- 2-2½ tsp Chandler Honey's Creamy Chai honey (adjust to taste)
- 2 black tea bags**
Easy Masala Chai
- Place the saucepan on medium-high heat and add in your milk of choice. Once it heats up, add in tea bags. Let it steep and boil on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea). The milk should be simmering gently. If it's too high, turn down the heat a notch.
- EXPERT TIP: Press the tea bag down into the milk and gently swirl around when the milk starts to bubble. This step helps to infuse the tea into the milk more and adds so much flavour!
- Once the tea has steeped to your liking, remove the tea bags. Add in the luscious Creamy Chai honey. Mix until thoroughly combined. Give it a quick taste test and adjust it to your liking. Turn off the heat, and it's ready to serve!
- If you want a super smooth tea, you can strain it. Otherwise, pour it into your favourite mug or glass and enjoy! This Easy Masala Chai pairs perfectly with cookies, cake, doughnuts, samosas, and pakoras!
YIELDS 2 cups of tea
* I love using Almond milk for this recipe but feel free to use any milk of your choice. For other plant-based options, I recommend coconut milk (for a super creamy version) or oat milk.
** You could use tea leaves instead of a tea bag if you like. Just be sure to strain well.
NOTE: This recipe is made with just milk instead of a combination of water and milk, as seen in other Masala Chai recipes. As it follows my family recipe, but if you prefer a lighter tea, feel free to add some water. Just adjust the proportions with half water and half milk.
ALTERNATIVE: Can't have caffeine? No problem, you don't actually need tea leaves to enjoy this drink! You can boil the milk and mix in the honey for a lovely Easy Masala 'Chai' milk. I do that quite often, and it is absolutely divine!
QUANTITY: Want more tea? Just double the amount, and you're good to go!
STORAGE: I recommend not storing this tea and instead just making enough for when you want to drink it for optimal flavour and taste.