This recipe include my favourite sauce to make when I'm not sure where to start with a meal. The sauce goes well in stir fry (with our without meat), as a marinade, as a dressing, or glaze for meat. If you're looking for a delicious, savoury meal, look no further than starting with this sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon & Ginger Chandler Honey
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- pinch of cornstarch if desired
Ingredients for Tofu and Noodle Dish
- 1 pack (about 150g dried) of rice noodles
- small bowl of flour
- 1 pack (about 400g) of firm pack tofu, cut into bite sized pieces and squeezed with a paper towel
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 4 heads bok choy, with stems removed
- sesame seeds as desired
To create sauce, add all ingredients into hot frying pan, stirring frequently. Do not let cook for too long before adding meat/vegetables/noodles.
To cook tofu, ensure all moisture is removed by patting and squeezing with a paper towel. Cut into bit sized pieces and coat in flour. Add pieces of tofu to hot frying pan with sauce. Cook each side for 3 minutes, until golden brown. If pieces fall apart, do not worry - they will become crispy and delightful!
Cook noodles in hot water, as per pack instructions. Drain and add to frying pan with tofu, once both have cooked thoroughly.
Dish into bowls. Add bell pepper, onions, and sesame seeds to garnish. Enjoy!