This salad is little unexpected and untraditional, but I promise it will wow your guests. It tastes like summer!
A fun fact about this salad: I made it the night before my wedding for our casual rehearsal dinner. (If you're worried about this being an authentic Alberta meal or not, don't worry... my husband-to-be was outside grilling steaks).
My mother had never heard of this salad, and she thought it sounded crazy. She asked if I wanted to reconsider and something more traditional.
I said, "Nope. Just watch, everyone will love it!"
And indeed they did!
Here's how to try it yourself:
- 2 tablespoons Orange Grove Chandler Honey
- 1/2 large watermelon, diced into appropriate chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese (I've been loving Canadian feta!)
- 1/2 bunch (about 1/2 cup) of chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl, whisk the Orange Grove Chandler Honey, oil, orange juice, salt and pepper.
Add the watermelon, feta, mint, and onion. Toss.
- Serve right away or let sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Don't be afraid to double this recipe and make too much, as this keeps wonderfully as leftovers for the next day!